Developer Fund Update - Important!

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

christeck

Re: Developer Fund Update - Important!

Post by christeck »

ctrlr.org was discussed earlier. I attempted to edit a panel for the Prophet Rev2 (both sysEx as well as NRPN) this very week. I think a panel for the Solaris was possible, but requires some programming knowledge (lua) and is a lot of work.

To slice it down, one could first create kind of patch viewer displaying the wiring of modules or so. Maybe this could be done as a community effort, so bucks are saved for actual synth features.
christeck

Post by christeck »

Can anyone point me to the link where donations for Jim can be done?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

christeck wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:03 am
8 ) Add looping to the envelopes.

=> Alternatively, add an additional 8 step envelope, including looping, as the Microwave I provides. Described on page 4-15 of the programming manual:
https://waldorfmusic.com/phocadownload/ ... al_Eng.pdf

I remember I had a lot of fun using it, e.g. as a pitch modulator.
You mean in addition to the one that is already in the Solaris? So have 2 of the 8-stage EGs? That was my original plan, but it just didn't get done at the time.
BillySynth

Post by BillySynth »

Hello all,

Hope you're all well.

I'm happy to donate...I don't understand the tech stuff sorry.
Not sure I even need Version 2.0...but still happy to donate. I just play 'keys'. I don't turn knobs.
Thank you to those who worked on it though.
Does anyone know if we will also get new sounds/presets demonstrating all the new features? I hope so!
New Jupiter 8 and Yamaha CS80 features sound great for a later OS.

Anyway, I will donate and pay for the new OS and the later OS - please provide sounds too if you have time please.
Thanks in advance

Billy
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

christeck wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:35 am ctrlr.org was discussed earlier. I attempted to edit a panel for the Prophet Rev2 (both sysEx as well as NRPN) this very week. I think a panel for the Solaris was possible, but requires some programming knowledge (lua) and is a lot of work.

To slice it down, one could first create kind of patch viewer displaying the wiring of modules or so. Maybe this could be done as a community effort, so bucks are saved for actual synth features.
Jim worked for many hours getting all of the 1250+ parameters registered as SysEx, so we are no longer using NRPN, but I’m sure you could make a panel given the documentation. He also has a basic software “patch viewer” called ’solarium’, about which you can read more here: http://forums.johnbowen.com/viewtopic.p ... 379#p21613
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

christeck wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:37 am Can anyone point me to the link where donations for Jim can be done?
Jim asked that we hold off until v2.0 is released. My plan now is that I will be asking for a minimum donation for v2.0 OS, with anything additional as you wish.
christeck

Post by christeck »

@John About the 8 stage envelope, sorry that I missed that. Due to home office, I have currently no direct access to my Solaris.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

christeck wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:15 am @John About the 8 stage envelope, sorry that I missed that. Due to home office, I have currently no direct access to my Solaris.
No problem...and just to mention, it is a 2 dimensional envelope, so each of the eight points have X and Y values. (This is obviously for Prophet VS-type control.)

JB
pinmusica

Post by pinmusica »

John Bowen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:21 pm
christeck wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:37 am Can anyone point me to the link where donations for Jim can be done?
Jim asked that we hold off until v2.0 is released. My plan now is that I will be asking for a minimum donation for v2.0 OS, with anything additional as you wish.
Hi John, I thought the OS 2.0 was to be free. Do the donations recently done (to Jim and Hrast) account for this mínimun ammount?

Many thanks
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, if you made a donation already, you will receive v2.0.
Tonefloat16

Post by Tonefloat16 »

So, if you purchase a new Solaris (Q1 2021) does it come with the new 2.0 OS?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Tonefloat16 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm So, if you purchase a new Solaris (Q1 2021) does it come with the new 2.0 OS?
Yes, absolutely!