Master Output Override

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

nts

Master Output Override

Post by nts »

I tend to use the SPDIF output most of the time, but notice not everyone programmes their patches to have the SPDIF output enabled by default. This means I have to reconfigure the output and resave the patch for almost every patch in the synth! It gets tedious. Someday I will have been through all of the patches in the Solaris and they'll all be set right. But this got me thinking:

It would be nice if there was a global option to override the patch-level output routing. So for example, I could select either synth-level or patch level output routing. If set to Synth, there could be a master output route page that controls all. If set to patch, the patch itself would determine the output settings (default).

Thanks!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Master Output Override

Post by John Bowen »

This is already there! You can set it to ignore the patch routing on the System page by setting the LoadOuts parameter to Off, then saving the System file. It’s exactly for this reason of using SPDIF and don’t want to edit each patch!

See page 44 of the User Guide:

Load Outs
Allows you to override the stored preset values for the output assignments. If LoadOuts is Off, all programmed signal routings
in the Output section (see "Output" on page 38), including FX routings, will be ignored. The current Output selection
and FX bussing will be used for all Presets.
This may adversely affect many of the presets which have specific effects designed as an integral part of
the sound. This function is provided if for some reason you wish to have Solaris’s audio coming from
output jacks that are not normally programmed in the factory Presets.
nts

Re: Master Output Override

Post by nts »

My hero! Thanks - I can't believe I missed that!!