Global Pedal Settings

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Oehi

Global Pedal Settings

Post by Oehi »

Hi community,

I am a happy new owner of a Solaris an just scratching at the surface of this machine. Of course there are some questions, but the currently most important one is the following.

Pedal settings are stored per patch. But it makes it somehow hard to change these for each sound. So the question is: is there a way to copy pedal settings to all sounds in one step or is there a way to have global pedal settings? Feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Oehi
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Global Pedal Settings

Post by John Bowen »

The only global setting for the pedals is the polarity of the switches. I know we discussed the pedals assignments for quite some time, and ended up with the parameters being store on a per Preset basis. Yes, this does make it cumbersome to set each Preset at a certain setting - I know, because early on I had to go through 500 presets to change the Volume pedal assignment!

I’d be open to hearing what the users would like to see in a future OS regarding how best to deal with this problem.

john b.
Oehi

Post by Oehi »

Hi John,
thanx for the answer. One option would be to have a global setting (page) for the pedals where you can define the assignment of the pedals. In the parameters for the preset, as today you set the assignment for the pedal and one assignments would be "global" which takes it from the global setting mentioned before. So the default setting in the INIT preset would be "global" and you do not have to care about the destination as long as you do not have a special function in your mind. To change the assignment for all patches would be resolved by just changing the settings in the global pages, except the presets where you had defined a special setting anyway. What do you think?
Cheers,
Oehi
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes I think that's what we had in the Wavestation actually. I forgot!!
Thanks for the input.

John b.