Preset data locations

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

amongstmyselves

Preset data locations

Post by amongstmyselves »

Hi all,

I must say I am enjoying a much better functioning Solaris due to the firmware updates.

I was trying out the Solaris Patch name editor and could not find a few banks I had created. So I looked at the files on the chip to find there was no Bank 20 and 30. I used bank 20 just as a place for a recent show and today I started doing some new patches which I were putting in bank 30. Neither of these show up on the chip but they are definitely there when I load them in on the Solaris ?

Note that there isn't any banks from 14 to 20 or 21 to 29. I know that if I happen to look at these missing banks then I get the data from the preceding bank number that does have patches.

Using firmware solarisos_v1.3.0.5

Any ideas ?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Preset data locations

Post by John Bowen »

Well, one thing for sure is that the Solaris doesn't like not having continuously numbered banks or presets or patches.

When you say "On the chip", I'm assuming you mean on the CF card.

If you are saying that you are able to see Bank 20 and Bank 30 when the CF card is inserted, but not when you view it on a computer - well that is pretty strange, but it might just be that the data is somewhere else than where you expect. You really should just name the banks the next higher numbers (so Bank14 and Bank15, for this example), and all should be well.

Of you want, you can send me a screen shot of your Presets folder (with all sub-folders opened) so I can tell you what I see.

Cheers,
John B.
amongstmyselves

He John,

Yes I was talking about the CF Card.

What appeared to be happening is that the patches on Bank 20 were being saved into the parent Patches folder and not under a Bank name folder. And if I were to save a patch into the other non-continuous bank (30) it would also write into the parent Patch folder and write over what the same patch number from Bank 20.

I did the right thing and made up a few INIT Bank folders and then manually moved the files around. Seems to have calmed it down now. Naughty me for not having continuous folders. Problem solved !

Thanks.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Ah, good! Yes, the arrangement is quite particular about this numbering.
amongstmyselves

Having the freedom to pop out the CF Card and move patches around is pretty cool. Move companies should take this approach.