Multisample Sample Pools

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

amongstmyselves

Multisample Sample Pools

Post by amongstmyselves »

Hi all,

Still enjoying the new firmware and have finally come back to looking at the sample playback part of the machine.

I'd like to be able to do multi-sample playback. For those who don't know, this is where a range of keys will play a different sample from the pool. The manual says this can be done by setting the lowkey and hikey values. I have tried this with the wrong outcome. From what I can gather I need to set the sampleindex value to the same for all samples but this doesn't work. The Solaris takes the last sample on the list only. Setting the sampleindex to a unique number for each sample will simply place the sample into a separate wave parameter.

Any hints ?

Cheers,

Steve
amongstmyselves

Re: Multisample Sample Pools

Ah. I've just been through the videos that John made regarding sample playback. It appears that the Solaris will only do multisamples with a limit of 4. This is done by assigning each of the samples to separate osciallators. So the lowkey and hikey values really only limit the range of which a sample will play. It doesn't appear that the Solaris will do actual Multisample playback within one oscillator. Maybe a feature for a future firmware upgrade.

Steve.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

See comment here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16511
amongstmyselves

Ha. Sorry for my bad memory John. Maybe something for the next firmware update.

Steve.