Update on Solaris Development - 2020 Edition?

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Tonefloat16

Update on Solaris Development - 2020 Edition?

Post by Tonefloat16 »

Hello John/Solaris Owners,

I’ve been away for a little while (ex-owner) and was searching around the forum for some updated information regarding the continued development of the Solaris.
If I remember correctly there was a multitimbral update along with new oscillator types (phase modulation) and wanted to know if these are available now.
I really like the new OLED options as well!
Possibly looking into acquiring another Solaris but just wanted to get some updated information on the ETA of those updates mentioned above.
Thanks!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Update on Solaris Development - 2020 Edition?

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, we are getting fairly close to a decision on the v2.0 OS release. I’ve been trying to find a way of presenting the User Interface's Multimode features in a way that is workable for what I’m thinking will be the most typical way things will get used. Of course, that means it’s going to be a bit subjective, and I know not everyone will find it optimal to the way they work. We do have a small group of 15 beta testers who have been voicing their preferences as well, so it’s not all about just me! In the end, I have to make the final decisions, although I greatly value Jim Hewes’ ideas and input - he has been invaluable. (As you all should know, Jim has been working on the Solaris OS for more than 3 years now, all on his own time.) I hope we can have it released by the end of this month.
bennethos

Post by bennethos »

oh my and it's not even christmas... great news !
Owner of Solaris #00324
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Also, please go here for more news: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17054