Seq and release

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

chapolin

Seq and release

Post by chapolin »

Hello everyone,

About sequencers, for example if we deactivate the gate and apply one to the pitch of an osc, is there a way so that when we release the key on the keyboard the sequencer continues to s to apply on the release of the note?

thank you in advance for your help
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Seq and release

Post by John Bowen »

chapolin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:13 am Hello everyone,

About sequencers, for example if we deactivate the gate and apply one to the pitch of an osc, is there a way so that when we release the key on the keyboard the sequencer continues to s to apply on the release of the note?

thank you in advance for your help
I just checked this with the current beta OS, and it works as you wrote. I am able to set a release time and play the sequencer, and when I release a key, the pitch stays at the last value. Easiest way to check is to use Key Step mode.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I just realized that perhaps I did not understand your statement. Are you saying you would like the sequencer to continue playing as voices enter their Release stage?
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

I tried the Key Step mode but it doesn't match what I want. For example, if I play a note with a release of 6 seconds in EG6, I would like Seq A that I apply in NG / NR mode on the pitch of ocs 1, continue to play on the pitch of Osc 1 during the release of the envelope, after releasing the key corresponding to the note on the keyboard, for example after 2 seconds. But I have the impression that it is not possible or there would be a way ? maybe this could be added to the feature request ?

I imagine that if the Seq continue to play on the release of one note, it will be a problem when you play a new note during the release of the first note; the first seq continue to play on the first note and it is not possible to duplicate it on the second note ? (I hope that I express myself well)

Edit:
I just realized that perhaps I did not understand your statement. Are you saying you would like the sequencer to continue playing as voices enter their Release stage?
If I understand well, yes.