Solaris 4.1 + Qwave causes BSOD on Windows 10/Scope 7/64bit

Discuss all other Zarg Music plug-ins
petal

Solaris 4.1 + Qwave causes BSOD on Windows 10/Scope 7/64bit

Post by petal »

I'm unfortunately experiencing occasional (like in, some times it works) BSOD's on Windows 10/Scope 7 (64 bit) (Both XITE and PCI) when I load either Solaris v4.1 (Don't have v5.0) or Qwave (Qwave is the worst of the two though) caused by different sys-files:

Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
JBMidiEv64.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
What failed: ScopeXite.sys
What failed: ScopePCI.sys

Both synths worked fine on my Windows 7 (64 bit) Scope 7 installation on this very same computer!?
The MoBo I'm using is the one recommended by SonicCore: ASUS H81-PLUS.

I have tried to reinstall both synths with the newest files found from SonicCores website - did not do the trick.

I have trawled PlanetZ for a solution, found a few cases that seemed similar from when Scope 7 was first released, but the solutions found in these cases did not do the trick in in my case either.

Does anybody have any good ideas?

Also, I'd appreciate it, if others would please double check this and try to load Qwave a few times on a Windows 10/Scope7/64bit installation and see what happens.

I have a thread running on this same issue on PlanetZ here:
https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic ... c3#p342099
e77

Re: Solaris 4.1 + Qwave causes BSOD on Windows 10/Scope 7/64bit

Post by e77 »

hello, same problem here - would also be grateful for any advice on how to fix this - thank you!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I asked Sonic Core what this might be, as the module JBMidiEv64.sys is a custom module they made, and it seems the module is unsigned. They just have to fix that and make it available.
valis
Site Admin

Post by valis »

Thanks John, I asked them to come here and ask as this was being discussed on PlanetZ and I figured support may be better here.
petal

Post by petal »

OK - Until SonicCore get's araound to fix this, is there any workaround, like bypassing the check for signed files or something similar?