Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
lotus-eater

Re: Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by lotus-eater »

Back in February I was told mine would be assembled 3rd or 4th week of March. No updates since then. I'm slightly nervous since there wasn't any communication following John's trip to Germany earlier this month, but I'll wait until the end of next week before succumbing to full-out panic. ; )
jfinstad

Post by jfinstad »

My last contact with John was about a week ago stating that I should expect a tracking number in a week or so.

So things are moving, and I'm waiting somewhat (im)patiently on a daily basis!

Jamie
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

marzzz wrote:I am officially in "holding my breath" mode....!
And turning blue even as we speak....
Patate le mgae

Post by Patate le mgae »

marzzz wrote:
marzzz wrote:I am officially in "holding my breath" mode....!
And turning blue even as we speak....
:mrgreen:
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

April Fools day would be good... 8)
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Nope. Yet another German holiday. How they are the world's 4th largest economy is beyond me.
Zahush76

Post by Zahush76 »

marzzz wrote:Nope. Yet another German holiday. How they are the world's 4th largest economy is beyond me.
And - obviously - they won't be working on the messe week as well, so it would be another week without progress, if i understand correctly.
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Well to be fair, John has spent his entire Holiday weekend at Sonic Core building machines. The hold up right now is getting some of the software finalized.
Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood »

marzzz wrote:Nope. Yet another German holiday. How they are the world's 4th largest economy is beyond me.
Living in Britain, a county totally invaded by the US over the top, management consultant work ethic, where everyone at work is half dead on their feet and told they are lucky to be in work at all I have a funny feeling that one of the reasons why the Germans have the 4th largest economy and are the most productive nation on earth is because they have a sensible work life balance and actually enjoy going to work!

Off topic but a bit of research demonstrates that prior to the industrial revolution we usually worked a couple of days a week. The whole as many hours as possible, two weeks holiday is luxury, 7 day working nonsense was simply designed by fat Victorian mill owners and American plantation owners to justify increasing their own wealth. Henry Ford in fact agreed with the Germans. He was very keen on his workers having a decent amount of time off so that they could spend some of their money and stimulate the economy.

Back to synths. I'm looking forward to mine and hope it finally arrives April/May. Now, where did I put that cash. Looks like I better phone up that mill owner about an extra shift.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Germany was an experiemt of Britain and the USA, it was a success story and basically is designed that a worker can choose to do what he likes for a living and therefore is highly motivated.
Police for example, don't like their job and that's why w/o snitches could never solve a case, and still can't protect it's citizens. But they are good at coming by and cleaning up the mess.
On the LAPD Cruisers the door emblems said "To Protect And Serve" but have since been changed to relfect their true cause, they now say "We'll Treat You Like A King", aka Rodney.....

And I hope you guys make a cot to sleep next to Solaris instread of sticking on the Trophy Case to collect dust.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Let me just say that 1) political discussions are completely OT for this list and 2) please take note (in this very thread) of how long it has been since a Solaris has been shipped by those happy German workers. John has literally had to travel to Germany and build them himself.
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Santa Claus has left the North Pole!
Patate le mgae

Post by Patate le mgae »

:D
marzzz wrote:Santa Claus has left the North Pole!
Hope he doesn't go directly to the south one.
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

I am more worried about my narrow chimney!
Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood »

Vorsprung durch technik

Happy news indeed. I wonder how long it will take to get to someone on the second run who has ordered via Thomann?

Where did I put that reindeer attractant?