If you could own the Solaris and only 3 other synths for lif

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
gopherbroke

If you could own the Solaris and only 3 other synths for lif

Post by gopherbroke »

What would they be and why? I want to get a Solaris and narrow the choices. I am thinking Schmidt, Omega Code with all the filters, rhodes chroma with the mods, and maybe the SOFV oberherim, not sure. I would like to hear mostly from peole who have a Solaris what would ideally compliment it. I won't get a dozen synths even when I can afford it, (he says). :)
gopherbroke

Re: If you could own the Solaris and only 3 other synths for

Post by gopherbroke »

Also, can the Solaris keyboard be sued to trigger/operate an omega 8 rack module? you don't have to buy a separate keyboard do you?
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

Hi,

Along with my SOLARIS, the three synths I would keep are (1) the Rhodes Chroma ( with the 96 Knob Enabler ), (2) the CS-80, and, (3) the KYMA Pacarana.

The ModCan modular that I already own is a polyphonic modular configuration so it can do any synth out there as it has all the filters, the VCO's the modulation and is fully MIDI equipped as well as HAKEN Continuum equipped. The CS80 has an amazing beautiful variety in tonal quality that is simply hypnotic. The KYMA is the most powerful digital synthesizer on this planet that money can buy commercially today - nothing in any league beats it for modular programming.

The SOLARIS gets you the PPG wavetables, the VS, and a really great performance layout: since my CS-80 is being MIDI equipped, I can layer it with the SOLARIS and do ribbon control or I can combine with KYMA and the ModCan modular - I can do any analog of any kind with this rig.

Now, would I really get rid of my much larger synth collection? Maybe ... would I get rid of the CS80 - no, the Solaris - no - the Kyma - no - or my ModCan Modular - no. Everything else could be sold (my Chroma, my Waldorf 1, the Sunsyn, amazing though the Sunsyn is, I can layer the ModCan with the Solaris and get that sound without any issues). The Nord G2X does not have the fidelity of SOLARIS, my dear old Emu-II+, Emu-III and Emu-IV (Hollywood Edition), Andromeda, and other keyboards could all be sold.

I do not own the Omega Code but I have heard that it is a great (like my ModCan, it has all the filters from the original circuits).

Thanks!
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
gopherbroke

Post by gopherbroke »

thanks for the great response!
wsequeira

Post by wsequeira »

Waldorf Wave, Symbolic Sound Pacarana, Synton Syrinx.
plug

Post by plug »

Well, I really don't know which synths I will choose, but the Solaris can control de Omega 8. I'll try to post a video of it after this weekend. Cheers!
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

I must have simpler tastes...I own them all. The Solaris, the Kronos 88, the Access Virus Ti2, and the Prophet-12 (well, the jury is still out on the P-12...but I am liking it more and more as I work,with it). One very adept Swiss-Army knife workstation, and three very unique synths that don't appear to step on the toes of the other two. At this point, I think I have it covered !!
By the way, the combination of Solaris and Kronos...WOW !!!