MIDI signal for joystick not accept

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Rubanenko

MIDI signal for joystick not accept

Post by Rubanenko »

Greetings to all participants of the forum!
I hope to get help from the musicians.
The essence of the problem:
My Solaris does not accept MIDI signal for the joystick from the MIDI keyboard. who else met with that?
Sorry for my English, I write through a translator.
Russia, Moscow.
Gennadiy.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: MIDI signal for joystick not accept

Post by John Bowen »

What Gennadiy wrote to me was that he has MIDI Control ON, and both the TX and Rx for NRPN on, and when he did this, the Mod wheel stopped working.

Here's what he wrote:
"When managing the Solaris with the MIDI keyboard at startup txNRPN and rxNRPN in position ON, the modulation wheel stop working.
Is this normal? "

I neglected to ask if he is using the USB port for MIDI or the MIDI jacks themselves....
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

He has also mentioned that the Joystick data appears to be recorded, but is not playing back.

Can anyone using Logic Pro X confirm or refute either of these issues?
papaZooZoo

Post by papaZooZoo »

Small bug report via MIDI from me

Tested on Win8/Cubase 7.0.5/MIDI-OX, MacOS 10.8 (Hackintosh)/Logic X/Cubase 7.0.5

1. Immediately after turning on: Home-> MIDI-> ProgramChange-> ON, MIDICtrl-> ON, and then press the Preset and +/- buttons to change the preset. Preset switches over in 5-10 seconds, the sound with interruptions, incorrectly appears the main screen, on Oscillators and LFO's screens values randomly change.
2. When recording the modulation wheel values constantly jump to 127, see the picture.

3. If RX-NRPN->ON, the Solaris doesn't receive from DAW the message of ModWheel.
4. Values of the vector joystick are correctly transferred to DAW, back the Solaris doesn't accept
5. The ribbon controller doesn't generate any MIDI messages.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

The ribbon controller does not generate MIDI messages...that is standard operation.

I'm not quite clear on what you are reporting here - could you record a video of what you are doing with the front panel buttons in step 1, and send it to me?

john b.
papaZooZoo

Post by papaZooZoo »

Ok, I will do soon. Now a lot of work, sorry.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Well, I guess I'm confused with your Step 1 instructions, because you say "Immediately after turning on"...but of course, the boot routine takes about 30 seconds, so pressing the buttons you describe wouldn't be doing anything.

Also, you don't press the Home button to get to the MIDI page....

Since there is no Preset storage in the synth itself, when you select a new Preset (+/- or other way), the data has to be read from the CF card, and for some cards this can be a bit slow. However, if you are seeing 5-10 seconds for a preset to be selected, there is something else in the system going on I would guess...and of course, if there's a MIDI loop somewhere, you might be experiencing that (with the Solaris sending out a Program Select and receiving it back immediately - this would also cause some sluggish behavior). Do you see this 5-10 second problem if no MIDI cables or USB are connected?
vargus

Post by vargus »

Logic records the joystick data but it doesn't seem to know what it is. The joystick data displays in the controller section of the piano roll editor but the label for the data is blank. The controller pull down menu in the piano roll editor does not display a name or controller number for the data. The data is not transmitted on playback. I have my Solaris connected via USB.
Damo Diggler

Post by Damo Diggler »

I just hit this MIDI joystick issue myself... And I'm a Logic X user. MIDI data has definitely been recorded from joystick movements, that's for sure... but the Solaris is ignoring the information or maybe the data has been misguided and is not firing back at the Solaris' intended joystick controller ID... I'm looking at the Logic X MIDI event data (for the section I recorded joystick movement into) this log displays the data and defines my recorded MIDI data as "Control" information, but there does not appear to be any controller # ...however, there is further information in a description field per event, Logic X has populated these fields with either "General #1" or "General #2". I will do some more tests and research on Logic and get back with any solid findings. Does anyone know what MIDI controller number the Solaris Joystick is allocated?

PS. My Solaris is connected only via MIDI I/O