USB freeze Nuendo on init

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

flybyno

USB freeze Nuendo on init

Post by flybyno »

Hello,
When i lauch Nuendo with Solaris USB connected, it freezes on init Midi Devices.
If i lauch it disconnected, then plug in after the init sequence, it works fine.
Any thoughts ?
Arnaud
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: USB freeze Nuendo on init

Post by John Bowen »

Arnaud,

Could you make a capture with MIDI-OX or MIDI Monitor of what Nuendo is sending out when it inits? That would be most helpful!

John B.
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

I don’t have Nuendo to test with but I did try with Cubase 10 and didn’t see a problem. You might try to disable plugins and see if that makes a difference. Without knowing what data is being sent it’s hard to know what is causing the freeze. So if you have any way to capture the data as John said it would be helpful.

One thing I noticed is that although version 1.4.4 mitigates some MIDI loop problems by not echoing back some incoming MIDI messages, I missed the pitch bend message. That is still echoed back out and will need to get fixed in a later version. But anyway this is probably not related since I didn’t see it causing the Solaris to freeze.
Solaris #249
flybyno

Post by flybyno »

It was an midi loop indeed because i forgot to plug out the midi cable while using the usb.
Thanks for the hint !