Amplifier Envelope for each part/VCO

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Pro69

Amplifier Envelope for each part/VCO

Post by Pro69 »

Hi guys, I am a very new user, so forgive me my stupid question. Does somebody know, how to set for each VCO/Part an amplifier envelope? When I want to set an envelope to the mixer outputs or to the VCA nothing happens. The same, when I try to set the envelope in the Oscillator section. Only with envelope 6, which is hardwired to VCO it is possible for all parts. I just want to set different VCA envelopes to each VCO/Part. Please give me advice. Thanks a lot. Cheers Ruediger
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Amplifier Envelope for each part/VCO

Post by John Bowen »

So, here’s the thing - EG 6 is the ‘Master’ envelope overall, because the system needs a way to know when each voice is ‘done’ before reassigning it or using it in the different mode settings (legato, etc,), so, even though you can set up 4 different envelopes to each of the 4 Amp sections, these are all within a single voice. What you then must do is set EG6 for the minimum and maximum values of any of the other envelopes, so that all 4 of them are played fully. Most likely this means an attack and decay value of 0 with sustain on 100% for EG6, with the Release time long enough to match the longest time of the 4 separate envelopes you have running.

As for setting an envelope to an oscillator directly, I would do that via the Mixer modulation. You can route each of 4 envelopes to the appropriate mixer channel, and adjust the amount there. You can also modulate each of the 4 VCAs with separate envelopes. The key for both of these approaches is that the initial level of the input (Mixer input or VCA Level) needs to be set to zero. Then the envelopes can “open” the levels as desired.

Hope this helps!

John B.
Pro69

Re: Amplifier Envelope for each part/VCO

Post by Pro69 »

Thank you very much, John, for the quick reply and help. My fault was not setting the amp to zero. So stupid 8) I managed it. Great, one or two OSC for a short attacked and released sound, like bell, pluck or piano, with osc 3 and 4 for a pad sound makes the Solaris a sort of multitimbral. Kind regards, Ruediger