New board Coming

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

pinmusica

New board Coming

Post by pinmusica »

Hi, John

Since the anouncement of the new main board to come, I wanted to ask you the following:

- What would the new board add? Is it more DSP power (besides improvements on eficiecy)
- How much would a new board would cost for an existing user? would it be possible to buy it within the European Union? (maybe to Sonic Core?)
- What would happen regarding updates to the ones that mantain the old board? Does its coming means the old board wont get anymore updates? (the v2.01 still feels a bit beta, at least regarding the Phase Osc when complex feedback is used on it which sometimes ends crashing or with extra latency).

Many thanks in advanced + hope everything is fine over there,

Pinmusica
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: New board Coming

Post by John Bowen »

pinmusica wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:03 pmThe v2.01 still feels a bit beta, at least regarding the Phase Osc when complex feedback is used on it which sometimes ends crashing or with extra latency.

Pinmusica
Can you provide more details about this? I have not heard about any problems with the Phase Mod type. Please send me details and if possible, a preset example to info@johnbowen.com.

Thanks,
John B.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

pinmusica wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:03 pm Hi, John

Since the anouncement of the new main board to come, I wanted to ask you the following:

- What would the new board add? Is it more DSP power (besides improvements on eficiecy)
- How much would a new board cost for an existing user? would it be possible to buy it within the European Union? (maybe to Sonic Core?)
- What would happen regarding updates to the ones that mantain the old board? Does its coming means the old board wont get anymore updates? Pinmusica
For now I cannot answer any of your questions, except I do plan to provide it to current Solaris customers. We are still many months from being able to know more about the board.
pinmusica

Post by pinmusica »

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response. Regarding the Phase Osc I'll try to build a patch that shows what I said before, though please forgive if it's not right today as I'm fully inmersed into studing civil servant exams here in Spain (which are quite tough to pass).

Good day over there,
Pinmusica
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Hello Solaris Owners,

We are in the final stages of developing the new (retrofittable) Rev 2 motherboard! I am now taking orders for the Rev 2 upgrade and have contacted everyone on my Solaris Owners’ List, however, if you did not receive this, please contact me directly at info@johnbowen.com if you would like more information regarding the Rev 2 upgrade package.

Cheers,
John Bowen