2.02 random vco parameters freezes but audio continues

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

bennethos

2.02 random vco parameters freezes but audio continues

Post by bennethos »

Hi,

Ever since I installed 2.02 I have a lot of stability issues while creating new patches. It's so bad I started saving after almost every parameter tweak. Often I realize changes are not having effect anymore and suddenly see my oscillators are all back at basic default settings while the sound is still playing with whatever I had configured that has nothing to do with what I see onscreen oscillator wise. If I then start editing the vco's, the params change on screen but not sound wise. Only way I can fix this is by changing patches and going back to the one I was editing, but the problem soon reoccurs.
Am I the only one experiencing this ? Any advice ? Can I provide more info in assisting bugfixing ?

many thanks
Owner of Solaris #00324
minorguy

Re: 2.02 random vco parameters freezes but audio continues

Post by minorguy »

This is the first I've heard of it. What version did you upgrade from?
How soon after you load a preset do you see this problem starting? If I try to reproduce it I want to know how long before I should see it happening.
Is it just the oscillators or does that happen with any parameter? If it's just the oscillators, does it seem like the oscillator display is just not updating? Does it happen with Rotors too?
Solaris #249
bennethos

Post by bennethos »

I went from 1.4.4 to 2.02 actually. Could this be the problem ? I'll document all steps meticulously tonight when I test again and come back with feedback
Owner of Solaris #00324
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

bennethos wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:12 am I went from 1.4.4 to 2.02 actually. Could this be the problem ? I'll document all steps meticulously tonight when I test again and come back with feedback
No, that shouldn’t be the cause.
bennethos

Post by bennethos »

Hi there,

Ok, been fiddling around a bit and was able to make my solaris freeze.

1) poweron
1a) played around in bank 15 Pr23, adapted random tune a bit, eventually settling on 10% , pressed store 3x.

2) Went bank 15, Program 26 ( a user preset based on 2 VS OSC)
3) play around a bit
4) checked the random tune function, was 10%
4) pressed on OSC2, fiddle with the waveforms
5) pressed on MOD --> Solaris Freezes, no other buttons work anymore when pressed. Had to poweroff & poweoron again

The problem I encountered this time was different to the one described above though but quite similar.
Below a full dump of my memory card :
solaris_00324SERIAL_2.02.rar
my whole card compressed in a rar file
(17.33 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
I'll keep tesing , taking notes to see if I encounter any other issues. If so will document them here. FYI, I never encountered freeze or unstability issues with 1.4
Owner of Solaris #00324
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

Thanks for that information. Those steps you gave aren't very specific and I don't think it's repeatable. I'd be interested to see if you still had trouble if you went back and re-installed version 1.4 for a while. The other thing that might help is if you can find a sequence of steps that cause the Solaris to freeze which is repeatable. I know that's pretty difficult though. Often these things don't happen the same way every time. Also, when the Solaris freezes, note what still works and what doesn't work. Is it just the buttons and knobs that freeze? Can you still play sound using the keyboard and do the controllers still work?
Solaris #249

Post by Guest »

Will keep testing and revert back here, thx for your feedback. Indeed so far it locks up on me at random times, but never whilst actually playing, always after a change or a button was pressed.
bennethos

Post by bennethos »

just thought i'd pop in to mention the problem is still occuring even with the very latest firmware 2.1.0

Has anyone else had this issue ?

Since 2.1.0 am also getting 50% of the time booting issues. I power-on the solaris, all the little screen shows booting... the middle screen does nothing and I can send midi to the solaris and hear sound. Only way to fix it is to reboot my solaris. Never had this prior to 2.1.0
Owner of Solaris #00324