SysEx Update for v2.x.x OS Users

Post user arpeggiator or sequencer pattern data to share with other Solaris owners.

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

SysEx Update for v2.x.x OS Users

Post by John Bowen »

Here is the SysEx document for Solaris owners running any version of v2 OS prior to v2.1:
Solaris SysEx v1.2.2.pdf.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
stefanovic

Re: SysEx Update for v2.x.x OS Users

Post by stefanovic »

I'm trying to develop a solaris driver for the KnobKraft sysex manager https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm.
I succeeded in receiving data, finding the preset name etc.
However, I cannot find out whether the solaris is able to handle a bulk upload preset, and how to do so...

Best.

s.
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

You can send a preset just by sending all the bulk dump blocks to the Solaris. There's no SysEx message for "Here comes some preset data." You can just send all the blocks. The frame start and end is not necessary but is OK to send.
Solaris #249
stefanovic

Post by stefanovic »

ok, thanks Jim, I'll try that.

Btw, there seems to be a typo in the sysex document, in the Identity Request Response table.
Shouldn't the device family code be : 10 00 for the Solaris instead of: 00 01?
and shouldn't the Device family member code be : 01 00 for the keyboard instead of 00 01?

That's what I'm receiving, and the Solaris ID is 10 in other tables (Parameter Request, Parameter Changed, ...)
stefanovic

Post by stefanovic »

still no luck with sending a preset to the Solaris. Worse, the upload seems to crash the usb-midi connection, the Solaris unit is not available anymore as a midi device, I have to reboot it to make it available again.
Might it be due to the fact that the application (supposedly, I'm not sure) sends the bulk message at once?
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

Thanks! You are correct on both accounts. There is a typo in the SysEx document. The family code should be "10 00" and the family member code should be "01 00". (Least significant byte first.) So what the Solaris is sending is correct.

The problem you're seeing with sending the blocks is a USB bug. So I'll fix that soon. For now please just use the DIN MIDI connection if you're able to.
Solaris #249
stefanovic

Post by stefanovic »

Got it, I'll try with the DIN connection, thanks.

[Edit] it works with the DIN connection.