100th post and some news from Aodyo

Off Topic Discussion area
HUROLURA

100th post and some news from Aodyo

Post by HUROLURA »

Hello

Just noticed this would be my 100th post on this Forum.

Remembering the first time I meet John and the Solaris more than 10 years ago during the Musikmesse in Germany.

Still an happy Solaris owner though I do not have as much time as I would to spend on this marvelous synthesizer.

Maybe because I already spend a lot of time this year on another one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ao ... ynthesizer
Anyma Omega Kickstarter 2022.jpg
But I would need to find some time to check what kind of music I could do with these two.
CheerZ
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: 100th post and some news from Aodyo

Post by John Bowen »

Ah, you are involved with that one? It looks quite interesting. Is it all built on the Mutable Instruments modules’ code? I had some communication with her about using such things for the Solaris, but the code conversion to SHARC DSPs seemed to be too problematic.
HUROLURA

Re: 100th post and some news from Aodyo

Post by HUROLURA »

Hi John,

Yes I am particularly involved in this one. :mrgreen:

As for the Mutable Instruments topic, this is already a long story, as I had some contact and interesting discussions with Mutable Instruments at our early stage (especially around local subcontractor discussions for manufacturing) as I also had some with you and SonicCore years ago.

Actually, we did learn a lot by studying Mutable Instruments code, and the Anyma include some modules (especially oscillators) inspired from the Mutable Instruments work, but we had to completely rewrite and optimized them for our hardware. We often added some more control to them and names are different (as required by the licence). But we choose to offer similar control as much as possible to make them familiar to Mutable Instruments modules users and find their way to get similar sounds. Sometimes it is sounding differently sometime you get much similar results.

But there is a lot more in the Anyma (currently less than 40% of the 123 modules available are MI inspired), especially around physical modelling modules and processing modules, and the main point is what you can achieve by combining these modules with up to 16 modulators (either LFO, envelopes but also sequencers, shapers, physics inspired modulators) and 32 mappings slots that are actually more shapers modules on their own than a simple mod matrix.
CheerZ