More about the new Sequencer functions

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

More about the new Sequencer functions

Post by John Bowen »

Here’s a 14 min video that goes into more detail about the forthcoming 2.1 OS Sequencer functions:
https://youtu.be/6pOpO1ai5wY
bennethos

Re: More about the new Sequencer functions

Post by bennethos »

Been playing with the new sequencer function and am having a ball!

It would be great if we could chain sequences that are different in some kind of way, or chain different presets that have different sequences ? Think equinoxe 7 of jean michel jarre

What would be great, too, is if we could choose the notes as in C, A, Bb, ...It would be useful for complex sequences that I can see and edit my notes on page 3 or 4 where you can set the steps to rest, note or ratchet.

My next trial is sending out the midi of the sequencer to my BARP 2600. It's amazing the sequencer has midi out by the way !!!
Owner of Solaris #00324
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: More about the new Sequencer functions

Post by John Bowen »

bennethos wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:45 pm Been playing with the new sequencer function and am having a ball!

It would be great if we could chain sequences that are different in some kind of way, or chain different presets that have different sequences ? Think equinoxe 7 of jean michel jarre

What would be great, too, is if we could choose the notes as in C, A, Bb, ...It would be useful for complex sequences that I can see and edit my notes on page 3 or 4 where you can set the steps to rest, note or ratchet.

My next trial is sending out the midi of the sequencer to my BARP 2600. It's amazing the sequencer has midi out by the way !!!
Glad you are enjoying the new sequencer functions! I think having 4 different sequences going at once is almost overkill :D but great fun!

As for entering notes by note name - because these values are offsets instead of actual notes, it could be misleading. Of course, if you are always using middle C (or an octave of C) as your zero point, it could be helpful in terms of conceiving the sequences.