Were any of the John Bowen/Zarg Scope Synths used in Eiffel 65's third Italian Album?

Discuss all other Zarg Music plug-ins
Eiffel65Fan

Were any of the John Bowen/Zarg Scope Synths used in Eiffel 65's third Italian Album?

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Dear John and whoever else might be reading this,

The Italian dance band Eiffel 65 (best known for Blue (Da Ba Dee), were big fans of the Creamware Pulsar/Sonic Core Scope system back in their heyday. In 2003 they released their third album in their native Italian language, and a year later they re-released that album with a bonus disc containing all the songs in English (and some remixes as well).

I have bought a Scope Xite along with all the Scope plugins that were available on the Scope website (that includes all the Zarg synths as well), so that I could try to identify presets from them that might have been used. But since most of the Zarg synths (i.e., Ambient, Orion and Dark Star) have presets that rely on the STS technology to load and I run a 64-bit machine, I get the dreadful BSOD and have to reset the system, which is very annoying.

I can't really find anything distinctive from all the other non Zarg Scope synths, but I would really like to know if the alien lead from Like a Rolling Stone (heard at 3:33) and the space synth throughout Io E La Mia Stanza/The World Inside My Bedroom (can be heard clearly at 1:36) were from any of the Zarg synths including the discontinued Comb Pro.

Thanks for reading.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Were any of the John Bowen/Zarg Scope Synths used in Eiffel 65's third Italian Album?

Post by John Bowen »

I don’t have any way of knowing all of the people who purchased my plugins, because in the later years Sonic Core handled all sales for them. Also, just the presets alone won’t be enough to know, as I’m sure artists such as Eiffel 65 would be making their own sounds to fit the music they were creating.

John Bowen
p.s. Thank you for supporting my plugins!