Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by John Bowen »

Yeah, Stephen didn’t remove the keyboard - this is a unit that came from Sequential in pieces, and was put together without a keyboard, possibly when we were bought by Yamaha and were closing everything down.

jb
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

AH, I see....cause the T8 keyboard was one of the best synth keyboards evah! They used it in the Synclavier, for instance.
jaykeel

Post by jaykeel »

#32 is here!!!!! White, and from NY. I am without words. Will tell more as soon as I open it up.
It’s not a dream! Have faith...It will come.
francois

Post by francois »

34 arrived this morning.
PC163438.JPG
PC163438.JPG (80.8 KiB) Viewed 18163 times
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"
dingebre

Post by dingebre »

Got mine ten minutes ago. Serial number 33. Merry Christmas and THANK YOU JOHN BOWEN and Sonic Core!!!!!!!!

David
David

David M. Ingebretsen
dingebre@3dphysics.net
Neotrope

Post by Neotrope »

Just got the "it's coming soon" email from John .. woo hooo!!!!! Can't wait. My iPhone 4s will be snapping away once it's here!!!
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
jfinstad

Post by jfinstad »

Neotrope wrote:Just got the "it's coming soon" email from John .. woo hooo!!!!! Can't wait. My iPhone 4s will be snapping away once it's here!!!
I got my "it's coming soon" email this morning as well! And I have some time off to lock myself in my studio and make some noise when it arrives.

Jamie
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

I got my white Solaris #38 on Dec. 16 (I'm in Central California)"...what a beauty. The dark Solaris does conjure up thoughts of the old Oberheim Matrix-12; but the light colored one definitely reminds me of the old Oberheim -2,-4, and -8 voice SEM based synths. And the build quality and keyed action is definitely top-notch. Since this is made in the same assembly location as the Access Virus line, this is no surprise.
One big surprise is how easy it is to program my own sounds, without evening reading the manual...definitely easier to program than my Virus ti, and as easy as the Prophet '08. All I can say is that this synthesizer is a BEAST. I can't wait to really dig into it.... :D
seth

Post by seth »

I got mine here in New York the week before Christmas. It's one of the dark ones with wheels lit up white, serial number 30. My first impressions are on my blog at

http://boxoftextures.blogspot.com/2011/ ... sions.html

and some photos at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sethelgart ... 518829649/

Basically, waiting three years now seems like it went by in a flash, and it's everything I'd been waiting for. It's going to take a while to learn the ins and outs of it, but even the first time I sat down with it I made a great patch that feels like it's alive. It's really hard to explain in a way. The Solaris feels as organic as a Minimoog with its knobs for everything, but it's also a cross between an Oberheim Xpander and a modular synth, with the programability of the one and the depth of the other.

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here, but now that I actually have my hands on it it's almost hard to believe how good it feels.

Seth

http://music.boxoftextures.com/
tinhu

Post by tinhu »

No news ...
Sonic Core , GOOOOO !!! :cry:
"switched on bach"
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Gooooo?
Neotrope

Post by Neotrope »

Woooooooooooooo!

Heard from JB the other day, so those in the next batch have their update on shipping as "any day now" for those of us who were supposed to get theirs at new year's before the sonic core 2 month holiday ... ;-)

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
tinhu

Post by tinhu »

I want my solaris now ... :cry:
"switched on bach"
Neotrope

Post by Neotrope »

Finally got my Solaris on Friday; only gone through some of it - bank 3 sounds amazing!!

I tried posting this a bit ago, didn't seem to take; retry. :-)

A long strange trip from concept to reality, but great job John.
Attachments
Simmons-Solaris.jpg
Simmons-Solaris.jpg (88.51 KiB) Viewed 17447 times

jaykeel

Post by jaykeel »

Congrats! Very happy for you brother. Bank 3 is one of my my favorites, great sounds!!