Mod Wheel Modulation Bug ?

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

pfrancq

Mod Wheel Modulation Bug ?

Post by pfrancq »

Hi,
I have a patch where I use the mod wheel to modulate the release time of the VCA enveloppe. When the mod wheel is used, the release time increases. It works but the behavior surprises me. In fact, when I engage the mod wheel, the release time is modified only for the notes played after that. So, when I first press a key and then engage the mod wheel, the release time of the current note is not modified. Logically, the mod wheel should affect the release time of the current note, no ?
Thanks.
Pascal Francq
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Mod Wheel Modulation Bug ?

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, this is a general bug in the modulation section of the Envelopes. The note value being used is not updated to the current note until after the calculation is processed. This needs editing the DSP code, which we await.
pfrancq

Post by pfrancq »

Thanks for the information. Hope you find a DSP coder.
Pascal Francq
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

pfrancq wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:06 am Hi,
I have a patch where I use the mod wheel to modulate the release time of the VCA enveloppe. When the mod wheel is used, the release time increases. It works but the behavior surprises me. In fact, when I engage the mod wheel, the release time is modified only for the notes played after that. So, when I first press a key and then engage the mod wheel, the release time of the current note is not modified. Logically, the mod wheel should affect the release time of the current note, no ?
Thanks.
Actually, upon re-reading your comment, this is a different thing, not a bug. In the beginning, I had asked that the knobs would update the envelope values in real time (such as you are describing), but this was something the coders left for last, and never implemented. Moving the mod wheel to affect the release time would be the same thing as moving the Release knob in real time, and I guess this was a difficult task for the Solaris code to implement (for whatever reason).

It will be something I ask of the new DSP coder, once we have secured one.