INIT Preset Group

Post your presets to share with other Solaris owners.

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

INIT Preset Group

Post by John Bowen »

Please use these as the new Factory INIT presets:
INIT Patches.zip
(126.43 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
This .zip file provides a complete folder of 128 presets in INIT format.

The folder (called Patch) can go into any folder that you create with the name 'BankN', where N = the next available Bank number on your CF card.

Of course, all editing of the data and folders on the CF card must be done on a computer. You must have a CF card reader to do this (some computers have this built in.) Any editing/copying/pasting is all done on the computer.

Also, regarding "BankN" - You have to rename your Bank folder with the next numerical value. Solaris will not "find" the bank if you were to name it Bank 9, if the only other banks on the card are Bank 0, 1, 2, 3. In this case, you would have to name it Bank4.

When you download the INIT Preset file, you get a group of 128 Presets inside a folder called 'Patch'. You then have to create a New Folder, rename the New Folder as Bank4 (in this case), and put the Patch folder inside of it, all on the CF card in the 'Presets' Folder.

If you like, you can create as many Bank folders as you like, up to 127! (However, that would take you quite some time to copy and edit the Bank names :-) )

-John B.
scope4live

Re: New INIT Preset update

Post by scope4live »

Total Success.......
I have purchased a multi card reader, a 4GB/30mbps card, and a 32GB/60mbps card.
Followed your instructions and voila.....
Now I can design a new card that will have Solaris default folders and copy that to a new card.
I do not want to keep removing cards so the 32GB/60mbps card will remain in the synth.
Thanks for using quality parts for the card reader too, the ones I bought were junk, and I ended up keeping the most expensive model, as the cheap ones suffer dearly from bent pins, etc.

Thanks Chief..
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

One of the unique features of having the preset system done on a CF card is that you can take your customized card to ANY Solaris, plug it in, and you have your exact, same setup as you would with your own unit!

jb
qtuner

Post by qtuner »

It would take me very little time to write a .NET app to write all those folders. I think I'll do it this week. Actually Vbscript or powershell would probably be better.