I found a small bug, how do I report it?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
qtuner

I found a small bug, how do I report it?

Post by qtuner »

we need a forum for reporting bugs, and a process for verifying them. we should probably add feature requests too. I don't think that a forum is a good place for this. Perhaps fogbugz would be a good bug tracking tool for owners. http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/

I suggest that all bug reports should have the following information included:

Title: should adequately descirbe bug
Software Version:
Priority: Low, medium, high, Critcal
Bug description and behavior
Expected behavior
Steps to reproduce

Here's an actual Bug I've found:

Title: keypad can not enter [Time L] or [Time R] values greater than 1/4d when [MIDI Clk] is ON.
Version 1.0
Description: The keypad can't enter all values of delay times for fractional delay times when midi clock is on. entering values 0-14 do work, but anything greater than 14 will set the value of [Time L] or [Time R] to 1/4d . The display will also show that 14 is entered for any value above 14.
Expected behavior: values over 14 entered on the keypad should correspond with the appropriate delay values
steps to reproduce
1) load init program
2) press [home] button
3) press [more] button
4) press [Delay] soft button
5) set [MIDI clk] to on
6) turn [time L] soft knob to bring focus to [Time L] parameter
7) enter 17 into keypad
8) press [enter]

result: 14 shows up on main display, and 1/4d is selected. Also note that the label in the main display is incorrenct in that it reads "Delay Delay Time". It should probably read "Left DelayTime"
qtuner

Re: I found a small bug, how do I report it?

Post by qtuner »

I will volunteer to help moderate a bugz forum, but it should probably be private to owners only.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Valis & I have discussed this already - I will let him jump in here when he has a moment to explain what he was thinking to do.

john b.
valis
Site Admin

Post by valis »

I don't remember what I was going to do! :D At least not for that, have a laundry list of other things to attend to :wink:

But I can setup a private forum and tell John how to manually add people to it, or assign someone else to do it via moderator permissions.